Lamborghini Huracan Twin Turbo Conversion By Auto Torque
We were approached by Alex, the owner, after seeing one of our crazy Mitsubishi Evo big turbo projects on social media. He inquired if we would be interested in working with him on his Huracan project, helping him achieve his goals in mind. After only a hand full of messages he was invited down to Auto Torque HQ to meet the team and a walk around our facilities. Without further ado, he said ‘how soon can you fit me in?’ and the rest unfolded below.
After purchasing the car in September ’19, it didn’t take petrol head, Alex, long to feel the desire to increase the power after experiencing 1000 bhp in a friends Audi R8 Twin Turbo conversion. The want was real and instantly approached 3:16 Speed in the USA after researching into their twin-turbo kits and seeing all the raving reviews on social media gave him the confidence to place an order for the first UK supplied unit.
The production and shipping were swift and landed with us on schedule, ready for its booking date to start the install here at Auto Torque.
Turbo Kit Specification:
The 316 Speed kit comes standard with 6266 Precision turbos, Alex requested the:
- Precision 6466 Gen 2 Dual Ball Bearing Mirror Image Turbochargers
- Turbo Smart Gen V BOV and 45mm Gen Vwastegates to manage the boost
Air to water intercoolers and handcrafted heat exchangers utilising cores by CFS, fabricated & handbuilt at 3:16 Speed
- Custom Handcrafted Titanium Exhaust
- Every join VanJen clamped to ensure a tight and leak-free connection
- Radiators for OEM locations
- Direct bolt-on and fully reversible
- Syvecs S7 a Standalone engine management system that allows us to tune both the stock engine and transmission with tons of safety parameters for the greater boost.
The above gallery shows some installation pictures. The whole process from start to finish including stand-alone management install and tuning can be carried out in a weeks time frame.
The Huracan has now been road tuned to.5 bar of boost to get a feel for the new set up and we will be carrying out some logs and testing the custom traction control map to gain driver feedback to relay to our tuner to then carry out some fine-tuning and push the boost up. Watch this space for power results and videos.